As a Business Development Manager, your daily duties and responsibilities shall include:
- A Business Development Manager works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth
- This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization.
- Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
- Help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
- Develop rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- College level/ College Graduate of any degree
- At least 12 months of experience in a relevant position
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors
- Excellent communication skills across various levels in the organization
- Problem Analysis and problem solving
- Must have good attention to detail
- Resilient and adaptable to constant changes
- Flexible with work hours
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
- Must have strong business acumen and organization skills
- Excellent customer service orientation and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to analyze statistical information
Anderson Group Business Partners – Philippines reserves the right to add, delete or otherwise alter assigned duties at any time. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities & skills required of personnel so classified.